Feedback problem using a pedal as an external Aux send

Molto
Go to solution Solved by JakobP,

I plan to use a Strymon Big Sky reverb on an Aux track for sends from multiple tracks. My first experiment in doing this is producing signals that go from weak to bad feedback very quickly, as gain increases. Following the Big Sky manual, I've attached the right out to the right in, left out to the left in - In both directions with a Behringer interface with only 2 inputs and 2 outputs. Do I need more outputs?

The screenshot may show what's wrong with my routing or monitoring choices? There are 2 returns from the dry track through the External Reverb track as I'm offered Input 1 or Input 2, and it is both. And because I'm not sure what I'm doing.

929272715_ScreenShot2020-07-14at8_27_00pm.thumb.png.c9bd251f403477c32cc6f09f79382a0c.png

Thanks for the advice gentlemen. It did seem like a bit of a closed circle/ echo chamber. So I need an audio interface with more outputs? Can I get something with 2 ins and 4 or more outputs for routing 1 external pedal?

Yes, that's what you need. However, you could try experimenting creating an aggregate device in your macs audio/midi-settings, and use the macs built-in outputs for monitoring...

I only have a stereo out/stereo in USB mixer (1,2 is all I see in I/O options). (On this outboard mixer, I have successfully used a stereo group out and a couple channel returns to insert an outboard stereo compressor.) Are you saying there might be a way I can play and re-record an audio track through my outboard compressor, from Logic? I don't need it to sync or be real time or anything. Don't even care if I can monitor it.

One thing I've never been good at in life is imagining audio routings. :)