No Apogee Systems connected

antonyxx

Hello. Neither my Apogee One for MAC/iPad, original One or Duet FireWire are being recognised by the Maestro app or showing up in Logic Pro 10.5.1 under latest Mojave on Retina iMac 2014. Both One units are working with my MacBook Pro. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling all drivers, swapping cables & PRAM and other resets. I’m not getting the ‘allow Appgee’ message under security preferences.

Can anyone offer advice?

Thank you.

No, it's plugged in directly. The Apogee devices aren't showing up in Logic, Reason, Pro Tools to the Apogee Maestro app. I'm really baffled. The problem seemed to start after a large Apple security update last week. I've been trying to solve this for a week now. It's really baffling!

My Apogee Duet FW started failing to be picked up by the OS mid last year, on both my MBP and iMac at around the same time so I could only attribute the problem to OS updates which I keep matched across my systems. After a while it started not connecting as much as it was connecting, and the unit was displaying startup LED codes which I was not able to decypher.

Eventually it stopped being detected at all by either machine so I researched and got myself a Scarlett 8i6 (for the quieter and slightly increased mic gain) and the Duet remains gathering dust in the corner.

I think the problem is the FW connection and the underlying support the OS offers. A friend has the USB version and it connects just fine. I only went with FW as my Motu828mk2 had it, and at the time USB connections weren't technically as fast as 'streaming' firewire so I kept with it. That was my mistake, but I did the same thing with RAMBUS in the early noughties so I just had to accept I made the wrong equipment decision.

I'm not saying you have! But it might be worth looking at why you chose the solution you went for and re-evaluating those reasons.

It's so frustrating as these devices have worked flawlessly for years.

I'm having problems both with the Firewire Duet and both versions of the USB 2 ONE. I followed all the instructions on the page linked below to no avail. I'm waiting to hear back from Apogee after 5 days. This is such a time waster.

https://knowledgebase.apogeedigital.com/tech-bulletin/macos-10-13-high-sierra-system-extension-blocked-alert-software-installation/

When we initially choose to invest in a technology for our use (as users) it's impossible for us to tell how well the tech will be supported in future. Isn't FW an Apple invention? I used it on multiple PCs for years with no problems, then moved to Mac a decade ago, shortly after which the Apogee One stopped being supported. I kept with FW for the Duet, but it seems FW is a dead technology and since the newest USB protocols are capable of handling the throughput we need (to/from disk + peripherals) I'm just going to stick with that for foreseeable future.

I got literally zero support from Apogee on this matter so if you get some kind of response you're a step ahead! In your position, though, I would accept defeat and move to a newer USB device.