Rip These Two Songs To Shreds.....Please!!

holle

but be nice about it.

i'm having issues with this song. i keep thinking it is done, but also feel i am missing something major....or maybe something isn't right. i dunno. i really would love feedback on both composition and the mixing. i seem to be having trouble mixing this song. i feel like there is no dynamic to the sound. i dunno.

3963 Miles

and while i'm doing this thread...

i have a second song that i need feedback on too. the "verse" melody on it is kind of lame and i'm thinking of changing it....i don't think it fits the tone of the song at all. it's like too happy or something. anyway, rip this one apart too.

Mystical Organ

or go to my myspace demo page: www.myspace.com/mrsjameslogan

i really appreciate anything you may have to offer. thank you.

and for anyone who checks out my myspace....i reckon i'm putting up some new tunes tomorrow. : )

Edited by holle

grr.....i'll try sendspace. i never have a problem with them. i am hesitant to put works in progress up on myspace. i like to have my songs as close to finished as possible when i do.

right....be back in a moment.

You know, maybe you could have two myspace pages, the main one for your finished project, and a more anonymous one for your demos in progress?

grr.....i'll try sendspace. i never have a problem with them. i am hesitant to put works in progress up on myspace. i like to have my songs as close to finished as possible when i do.

right....be back in a moment.

You know, maybe you could have two myspace pages, the main one for your finished project, and a more anonymous one for your demos in progress?

good idea! i never thought of that. i'll have to do that. would make life easier for people. i'll have to do that. thanks for the suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...
The off beat loop at the beginning of the song sounded like an off sync click track and really distracted me. About half way through the song everything seemed to come together. Perhaps if you stripped away some of the loops at the beginning the song would feel like it was building towards something and that would solve your "dynamics" concern.

• 3 weeks later...