Need an older version of logic Pro for High Sierra

Chris Booth

Need help! Recently upgraded to High Sierra from lion OS (late 2011) Mac and was using logic pro 9. Logic pro 9 no longer works and can't seem to find an older version of logic, there are sites I tried downloading but that also won't install. Does anyone know where I can get or buy a version that will work on my Mac?

As has often been repeated here, you buy a Logic Pro X licence from the App Store on a Mac running 10.4 or later. Then you go back to your HS machine, and download your purchased Logic from the AppStore - the App Store will give you the last compatible version of Logic for your system.

• 3 years later...
On 8/6/2020 at 8:21 AM, des99 said:

As has often been repeated here, you buy a Logic Pro X licence from the App Store on a Mac running 10.4 or later. Then you go back to your HS machine, and download your purchased Logic from the AppStore - the App Store will give you the last compatible version of Logic for your system.

Old topic, maybe once true but not anymore. In my case (High Sierra which is maximum system of this particular Mac) clicking Upate in App Store asks if I want to download an older version, click OK, App Store asks if I want to download an older version, click OK, App Store asks if I want to download an older version ... endless loop. Only thing that works is to click Cancel.

It does still work, we get someone enquiring about this usually a few times a month, with success using this method. Of course, we can't guarantee the Store doesn't act flaky or even undergo downtime at times.

What you describe is not quite the same as the process you quoted if you're updating. Instead, try putting the Logic app in the trash, restarting, then downloading Logic again (not "updating") from your purchased items, and see if the Store is behaving itself now.

• Like 2

On 2/3/2024 at 6:16 PM, des99 said:

It does still work, we get someone enquiring about this usually a few times a month, with success using this method. Of course, we can't guarantee the Store doesn't act flaky or even undergo downtime at times.

What you describe is not quite the same as the process you quoted if you're updating. Instead, try putting the Logic app in the trash, restarting, then downloading Logic again (not "updating") from your purchased items, and see if the Store is behaving itself now.

Thanks, will try that next time. Or maybe I am at the maximum version for High Sierra? 10.4.6 I think it was, not in the studio right now.