Random White noise blast

drspacehippie
Go to solution Solved by steveLpx1,

I'm desperately searching for a solution, for a Huge, unaccaptable level or Noise happenes in Logic pro X 10.4.8, OSX: Movaje, deadly loud speaker and ear breaker random white noise during playback.

I happens most of the time when the playback already runs, and i hit an enter, so playback jumps back to 0 position.

Actually I've already found lot of threads with no solution ,only usefull thread that where I'v ended up, seemed to have something with different tempo information sources gathered in the same project.

viewtopic.php?t=126771

I have 1-2 projects of like 100-120 tracks running already, audios mostly, some of them are imported from other projects, with different tempo.

Is this can cause the white noise blast? Is there a way to lets say normalize each / all of the tracks to the project tempo to eliminate this problem?

I have 10.5 also running , and there i dont experience the problem, stillim not enough brave to run my main monitors (afraid of damage) and the 2nd monitors also on 20% volume, which ... is a disaster to produce and mix.

Thanks in advance!

This issue/situation comes up from time to time with differing system configs/etc, but never anything replicable/specific. And so, I offer the same possible solution each time: Ice9. A link to the plugin was posted here awhile back...hth.../s~

When this occues, nothing seemed to play on any nor master channel... Ia this stll a solution already worked for the issue?

• Solution
After multiple blasts from the "system" and some self induced (pilot errors) I came across Ice9. I have it instantiated as the final plugin on the 2bus set at 0.00 dbfs. Works a charm. If the output is above the level you set the output is clamped shut until the level have dropped back down...hth.../s~

Not sure what the root cause is but I've seen a lot of people complain about this issue over the years. It's a known bug.

This was lets say easlily reproducable for me in LPX 10.4.8 in a specific project. When hitting enter and the playback started from zero... it happened 5 times out of 10. (Never before last week, in past 6 years)

In LPX 10.5 the issue not reproducable.

Although ive added the above soft limiter, ive read Some of your threads in the topic David, and in a specific case you mentioned to delete any imported audio files project tempo setting.

Now, i set for the whole project CMD / A, all files the right click / tempo /delete tempo settings...

And now I cant reproduce the issue...

Hmmm, I hop it was this... but until i dont have the clear evidence... this bug is horrible.

Yes it's definitely a very bad one. I don't remember having determined that it was related to deleting audio files embedded tempo data... If you find those threads, please do link here as this could help others suffering from the same bug, thanks!

Hi David,

the topic mentioned earlier was this.

viewtopic.php?t=126771

Hi

For what it's worth...

This issue is long standing with Apple MAC... I don't believe it's just a LOGIC issue, though working with audio in LOGIC seems to be a sure way of experiencing the white noise blast. I have also had it in iTunes...

There are a few topics on this forum dealing with the issue eg from 10 years ago:

https://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=52845&highlight=white+noise+overload

That it is still happening should be unacceptable for Apple.

There has never been a clear definition of what circumstances generate the noise blasts.

I feel that it might be linked to audio files with data that can'e be reconciled during DAC calculations.

Maybe there is some flaw in the DAC calculations which sometimes allows the final rendering of the data for audio output to take the dB off the scale... ouch!

As a non-expert suggestion, maybe Apple could consider integrating some kind of software dB limiter in the Audio/MIDI program that monitors the audio output and stops it going above a threshold of x.xdB...

A simple precaution and solution that would affect nothing but save a lot of ear stress???

I have sent my feedback to Apple.

Until Apple steps up to the plate for this MAJOR problem, as one of those who has experienced the White Noise Blast, I'll continue with my workaround of always using 3rd party limiters on my audio output.