Drum Machine Designer interface changed from version 10.4 to 10.5? [SOLVED]

Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

So, I'm following the tutorial in David Nahmani's book for Logic Pro X 10.4 and my Logic Pro is now version 10.5 having been updated.

I'm at page 192 and 193 which explains on Drum Machine Designer but I'm not seeing any of the following:

• 1. 'Perc & Shakrs knob'
    2. 'Smart Controls' featuring 'Group Reverb' with 'kick', 'snare & claps', 'hi-hats' knobs; and 'Sends' button

All I see for my Smart Controls are:

12 knobs, with buttons beside them to turn them on/off, comprising of high tone, drive, compressor, low tone, crush, transient, hi cut filter, lo cut filter, pulse, chorus, delay, reverb knobs.

Am I missing something?

No, the 10.5 book is a new book, you would have to purchase the new book. There's a lot of new things in the 10.5 book making it quite a different book (even though some of the material is the same). I have asked my publisher however there is no upgrade path from one book to the next, I'm afraid you'd have to purchase the new one.

Thanks David. That's a shame but glad you did ask your publisher en route to keeping your past book's readers' in mind. Have a good rest of the day. God bless.

Yes, I wish they would at least considering offering the new updated book in electronic format, eBook or PDF, free or at a reduced price to previous book owners but they do not seem to be set up for that unfortunately.