Copy automation to another plugin

arseny
Go to solution Solved by arseny,

• 2 years later...

To future answer seekers, the solution to "how to copy automation from one plugin to another" is not addressed in this video.

I found there answer in this thread.

Basically, press 'a' to show your automation. Make sure the data you want to copy is showing in the automation parameter drop down menu. Then hold cmd and click that menu, then (while still holding cmd) select the parameter you want to copy the automation to. A popup dialogue will appear and ask if you want to convert or copy the automation data. If you click convert it will copy the automation data to the new destination and then get rid of the automation in the original parameter. If you select "copy and convert" it will copy the automation to the new destination but leave the automation on the original parameter intact as well. 

There is no need to highlight the automation that you want to copy. As far as I can tell, this will ONLY copy all the automation on that parameter to another parameter. I have yet to figure out how to copy just a part of the automation to another plugin.

Hope this helps someone!

• Like 1