Issue With Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen (USB)

teddyb1234

Hello,

Logic Pro Version 10.6.1

Mac OS Big Sur Version 11.1

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)

I recently purchased a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen (USB). I did all the proper registration, downloaded and installed all the proper software, and have gotten it to work fine for connecting all of my computer's output to external speakers. But for some reason Logic Pro X will not recognize any audio INPUT that the device is receiving. The device itself is receiving the audio just fine, as I'm able to use the Direct Monitor function on the device itself and hear my instrument perfectly fine through the connected external speakers. The device is also working fine with QuickTime Player, as QuickTime Player was able to record, save, and playback audio input received from it. It seems there is something not working correctly specifically within Logic Pro X. I've tried restarting the computer with the device connected, restarting it with it disconnected, and checking permissions in my Security And Privacy Preferences, to no avail.

Has anyone else been having this issue? Are there any other troubleshooting procedures I should try?

Thank you.

When you open up Audio Preferences in Logic is the Solo selected?

In my case, my laptop's built-in audio is selected.

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 6.11.30 AM.png

Thanks for your reply!

When I look at the Preferences, Scarlett USB Solo is selected. I will try selecting the built-in system audio to see if that works, and I'll let you know.

Thank you!

When you open up Audio Preferences in Logic is the Solo selected?

In my case, my laptop's built-in audio is selected.

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 6.11.30 AM.png

Thanks for your reply!

When I look at the Preferences, Scarlett USB Solo is selected. I will try selecting the built-in system audio to see if that works, and I'll let you know.

Thank you!

Just tried it out.

Switching to system audio didn't solve it, but for some reason changing my Audio track from Input 1 to Input 2 solved it, and no everything is working fine.

Thanks again!

• 3 years later...

I have had exactly the same problem and it's been driving me up the wall!

I am quite experienced over many generations of Macs, recording and many different input options - quite happy with reconfiguration and troubleshooting - and yet this has cost me two hours where I had expected "plug and play".

Very simply, I had verifiable input from guitar (tested via headphones and output from back of Solo) and verified input to Mac (confirmed in System Settings->Sound->Input): Input level activity confirming sound input OK.

No input in Logic Pro i.e. no input seen on input meter of recording track (checked all Settings->Audio->Input Device-> etc). Nothing.

The trick is as solved above:

On your audio track you must select Input 2 (or input 1+2) to get the guitar input from the Solo. Then all is well.

I'm responding to this 2020 post to bump it up the stack - it works and thank you so much to those who posted it!

Focusrite Solo Gen 3

Mac Mini M1

Sonoma 14.1

Logic Pro 10.8.1

Yes, if you're plugged into Input 2, you must choose to record from Input 2 on an audio track to record from that input. This is true for all interfaces that have multiple inputs - you must choose the input, or inputs you want to record from on an audio track.