Bounce in Place (Melodyne) creates a stereo track?!

Autorall

Hello there,

Using Melodyne Studio on a vocal track here.

After transfering the vocal recording into Melodyne timeline (and made all the tweaks I wanted etc), I am bouncing in place this result so I can have a clean audio track with the result.

The thing is, Logic is bouncing in place a STEREO track, not a mono as it should be.

I've disabled all plugins (only Logic native EQ and a mvMeter) of the original recording track, except of course Melodyne, otherwise I wouldn't get the result.

Even doing this, Logic is boucing a stereo track.

Any hints?

Tks!

Is your Melodyne plug-in inserted as a stereo or mono plug-in?

Good question. It's inserted as a Stereo plugin, but that's the only option it shows.

I actually solved this, as mentioned above.

What it's bugging me now is using Flex Time to stretch vocals (like Elastic Audio is for Pro Tools).

I've already navigated through this forum and found out tons of issues regarding the same issue, with NO solved threads.

Monophonic is the only option you actually have for vocals, since Polyphonic creates a Chorus effect, and all other options simply aren't a match for what you need,

And...Monophonic simply creates POPs and glitches when you create flex markers.

Totally bummer.

Any update on this issue?

Is your Melodyne plug-in inserted as a stereo or mono plug-in?

Good question. It's inserted as a Stereo plugin, but that's the only option it shows.

What it's bugging me now is using Flex Time to stretch vocals (like Elastic Audio is for Pro Tools).

I've already navigated through this forum and found out tons of issues regarding the same issue, with NO solved threads.

Monophonic is the only option you actually have for vocals, since Polyphonic creates a Chorus effect, and all other options simply aren't a match for what you need,

Totally bummer.

I just found out another thread that you, David, apparently gave a great advice and it might work for me.

One might NOT trust on the automatic flex markers Logic creates. You must create on your own, at the right exact spot.

I will test more and will be replying here in a few minutes..,

Totally bummer.

I just found out another thread that you, David, apparently gave a great advice and it might work for me.

One might NOT trust on the automatic flex markers Logic creates. You must create on your own, at the right exact spot.

I will test more and will be replying here in a few minutes..,

Nope. Melodyne plugin was enabled, that's why I thought my last move on Flex had worked.

Disabled Melodyne and the tweak I carefully made (felx marker on monophonic mode) totally does NOT work.

• 3 years later...

I'm having the same issue.  Melodyne mono insert > bounce track in place > Logic creates stereo track. the only thing that is stereo on my mono track is the send to reverb stereo bus, which when bouncing I select 'bypass all plugins', so the send is not bounced anyway

update: I just noticed that the bounced track does not include the pitch correction made my Melodyne 

Edited by Devoid

On 3/9/2024 at 5:32 PM, Devoid said:

I'm having the same issue.  Melodyne mono insert > bounce track in place > Logic creates stereo track. the only thing that is stereo on my mono track is the send to reverb stereo bus, which when bouncing I select 'bypass all plugins', so the send is not bounced anyway

update: I just noticed that the bounced track does not include the pitch correction made my Melodyne 

Can you share a screenshot of your bounce in place settings? If I have a mono plug-in on a mono track and bounce in place with the following settings, I get a mono track with a mono file. 

Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 6.01.37 PM.png