STEREO PANNING STILL NOT WORKING!!!!

kronik

This is so frustrating!!!

The stereo pan stops working randomly and I have to reboot my computer for it to work again..until obviously it stops again???

I have no idea why this happens and have seen other posts saying the same....

It only started when i updated to 10.4.7 i think... so I updated until now I'm on 10.6.1 and still the same.

This is making mixing very frustrating.

If anybody knows what's up then please let me know...

Thank you

ps: why can't I make this post title bold?

if it's running thru different versions of the app... something is up with your setup, this is not a common logic issue.

what happens exactly? does it not pan left & right?

are you working from a custom template? does it happen with everything, ie midi, audio? and are there plugins common to the tracks where you have the issue?

need more info, and perhaps a screenshot of a channel strip with the issue...

It happens to every channel midi or audio.. It also happens when I have no plugins just audio..

Basically it just stops moving but if I switch it to balance then it works fine. I then switch back to stereo and it reverts back to my previous setting and freezes again, until I reboot the computer not just logic.. I have to reboot ...

This must be a Bug ? I’m sure I’m not the only one experiencing this..

are you working from a template? leave it on 'balance'... unless you need stereo pan (to, for example, move the arc of a stereo sound, or make a stereo sound less wide).

use balance for your tracks, generally, and all should be well. it's not a bug, and that's why there's no manic discussion about it here (or on apple's logic forum).

I am working from a template but I'm sure it happens from a fresh project...this has never happened before and I have seen other posts on this forum so its not just me...

Obviously balance is ok in most circumstances but its not working properly? this is not a design why would it be?

Maybe its a OSX issue? ..

I use stereo panning on everything ( apart from the obvious ) It gives me more control on placing instruments in my sound stage...plus its from my analog days. So when Logic added it in an update I was very pleased ..until now.

The balance doesn't really pan properly imo.. of course it has its place but I get much wider and spaced out mixes using the stereo pan.

I use stereo panning on everything ( apart from the obvious ) It gives me more control on placing instruments in my sound stage...plus its from my analog days. So when Logic added it in an update I was very pleased ..until now.

The balance doesn't really pan properly imo.. of course it has its place but I get much wider and spaced out mixes using the stereo pan.

got it; if it works well for you, it's worth using. but why you're having an issue with it... hard to tell. it's not a bug, i use it all the time. and no one else has jumped in to report it. anyway, hopefully someone here will have an idea... good luck!

• 2 years later...