Templates: Multiple Keyboards and Samples

G9

This is a pretty basic question, but...

I'm wondering how powerful the templates system actually is... can you save mixer effects/virtual instrument (E.G. Native Instruments Massive) settings with custom templates?

I'm also wondering if Main Stage can control multiple keyboards at once and play samples on the click of a key.

yes for all of the above.

you basically graphically draw your hardware setup by dragging, say, a keyboard object on to the layout, and have mainstage "learn" where the signal is coming from.

if you set up an exs 24 for samples, you can divide up your keyboard so the exs only uses say the first 4 keys, and a synth takes up the rest of the keys.

• 5 months later...
I can not even run Sampler & piano sound together with MainStage!?!? It is so not good!! Dividing keyboard is not good enough, I need to have to controller, two keyboard with 2 different sound. Can I do it with MainStage ? I need help. Or some said I should use Logic to do it... Logic is not design to perform on the stage though..

I did plug both.. it won't learn.. They should re-program MainStage, it is no enough for performing purpose. Is there any other software which work with Logic and performer friendly software?

Although -- there is one thing. I did manipulate MainStage. It took a day to figure out, but now 2 controllers are running with 2 different sound

It's really easy, the most flexible software I've ever seen: you can learn whatever range you want for whatever keyboard controller and assign it to various sounds... it works great, never had it "not work".

1) In layout, drag as many controller keyboards to the layout as necessary.

2) In the layout inspector, learn (or select) the device for each keyboard (meaning the actual hardware USB keyboard, or the MIDI port that keyboard is plugged in). Name the keyboards.

3) In Edit mode, select a sound (a channel strip) and select the desired keyboard in the Inspector.

pic015.jpg.e7028df2408640e97cb5a775e00040db.jpg

pic016.jpg.81e9b11a656d24500a0c0be0cc7caed4.jpg

• 5 months later...

On the same idea, in Logic 8 is there a way to attach an Oxygen8 AND an Axiom 61, using the Oxy for keyswitching samples in EWQLSO, and the Axiom for playing the samples (this is my existing equipment)

Or should I just get Keystation Pro 88, and if I do, can I also hook up a drum pad controller?