Scripter - how to run a function on a time interval

benbravo

Sorry Valli, I overlooked your question... I do record the MIDI purely in Scripter and it works very good. What I do is simply push the incoming midi events in an array. This function is triggered by a Rec/Stop checkbox parameter which can be assigned to whatever screen control for on-the-fly use. I haven’t found any drawbacks to this or the need of anything outside of Scripter. I simply need to record “silent” Midi messages for indicating the beginning and the end of the recording (with ParameterChanged) and the array contains all the information I need and is pretty much the equivalent of a region in Logic.

Which program do you use, Logic or MainStage?

Both use Scripter so that does't tell me which program you use.

That’s pretty cool, would have saved me a lot of typing if you had given us that complete context of what you have done already and the specific problem you’re having with it.

I think for playing back the loop you captured you just need to recalculate the beatPos value to a new relative offset depending on when you trigger the loop to start, then inside each process block scan through the array to see if any notes need to be sent