MCU's MARKER+Function key question.

stratquebec

Sends on Faders is outstanding. It took a couple of updates to Logic to make it work "properly" on my X-Touch - but now it does it just fine.

Speaking of that - I use track stacks (summing) most of the time. With all the stacks collapsed I can usually have 8 faders to work with. Expanding the stack changes what's on the faders, and not in a way that I find pleasing. What I find that works better for me is switching the mixer to "Single" mode. The AUX channel moves to fader 1, no matter which fader it was on - very handy. Switch back to tracks mode and the surface returns to where it was.

It might be interesting to find out what the X-Touch One does when you put the mixer into 'Single' mode.

By default, no you can't control sends.

I was just thinking about this, had a niggly feeling and so I went and tried it.

I wasn't completely correct about saying you can't control sends. You *can* control sends via the XT One (and HUI etc), because Logic has a "Sends on Faders" function, and this translates to control surfaces too. So if you eg flip Send 1 onto the faders, then you can easily control (or automate) that send level with the fader.

Which is cool!

Great workaround to control the sends with the x-touch one indeed!

Ok, then I should get the same behaviour on my X-Touch when Sends on fader is active. Gonna try that later today.

UPDATE-1/2: (unless I'm wrong...)

X-Touch in Pan Mode

Sends on Faders On/Off

S.O.F=On, Flip=Off

Fader controls the send

V-Pot controls nothing but the X-Touch scribble strip outputs Pan values -64 to+63.

S.O.F=On, Flip=On

Fader controls nothing but the X-Touch scribble strip outputs Pan values -64 to+63.

V-Pot controls nothing but the X-Touch scribble strip outputs Pan values -64 to+63.

and the fader moves accordingly.

Behaviour is indeed different in Track, Pan and Send modes.

Will update later with behaviour in Track and Send modes.

UPDATE 2/2

OK, in short, when Sends On Faders is active in the Logic Pro mixer, using the FLIP modes FLIP or SWAP, ( on my X-Touch anyway), is totally useless, in each assignments in either GLOBAL VIEW or CHANNEL VIEW.

If someone knows a way to deactivate the FLIP button when the Sends On Faders is active in the mixer that would be great.