Power buttons within track stacks

AMD

It works as expected here?

subtrack off.png

Hi David. Thanks for your reply. Oh dear. It means the problem is specific to my system. I created a new project and was able to replicate the problem.

Turning off the stack master turns off all the sub tracks, as expected, but with the power buttons off on the subtracks only, they still play back the MIDI in the stack master lane. This is very strange.

Hi David. Sorry for the late reply.

They’re part of the same instruments. They’re ones from the Logic library.

Ok can you share an example? Which patch name? I'll give it a try.

Thanks David. I've attached a new project with one of the track stacks in it, but the same happens with any of the presets from library.

1. Turning the stack master off, also turns off all of the subtracks, as expected.

2. With the stack master turned off, its associated MIDI region is greyed out and doesn't trigger any of the subtracks, as expected. However, if I turn on any one of the subtracks, the MIDI region is still greyed out, but it now triggers all of the subtracks.

3. With the stack master turned off and record armed, playing some notes on my keyboard will trigger all of the subtracks, even though they are turned off.

4. With the stack master turned off and any individual subtrack is record armed, playing some notes on my keyboard will trigger that subtrack.

There may be some sort of method to this madness, but for the life of me, I can't make sense of it.

Power buttons within track stacks.zip