(HELP) logic crashing at startup when loading audio files

bateragabriel

yes, I tried. its not the plugins, its when loading the files. it keep crashing every time with no message at all. I tried moving the audio files from the folder. didn't wort too . any other suggestion? I kind give up, I should save more one in a while and don't trust too much logic...

Just a thought: if you were working on comping multiple takes, maybe try removing the comp-take audio files from the audio folder one at a time, duplicating the project and opening the copy?

Maybe you can narrow it down to one problematic file.

Or you can then try to save the file as a new document, re-add the audio file to the folder, and try again.

Or you could open the file, then re-import the offending audio file?

At any rate, it ALWAYS pays off to save each editing state as a new Logic file (File —> Save As…). "new song 0.8" becomes "new song 0.9" and so on.

You never lose more than the last editing stage if anything goes haywire.

yes tried to recopy the session and remove and readd the audiofiles, but it keep crashing, . because its in the autosaved session I cant import and find anything from it, just from the last saved session, and I cant find the takes I've selected in the audio files folder, its just too many of them. was working in a session that the comps had 100 takes or more. this is the first time logic X couldn't open autosaved

Logic is not infallible, unfortunately, even though we think it should be. No software is perfect.

So you have to improve the conditions for Logic not to crash.

100 or more takes is a recipe for disaster. Not saving for 5 hours as well.

Improve those conditions and Logic will work as it should.