Sound from Input 1 and 2 in Apollo Twin not showing up in Logic.

Newbie101

Sound from Input 1 and 2 in Apollo Twin not showing up in Logic.

Hello everyone. Here is my problem (hope you can help, I would very much appreciate it):

I have my microphone plugged into Input 1 at the back of the Apollo Twin. I have my headphones plugged into my Apollo Twin. I can hear my voice talking into the microphone. I can see the VU meter moving on track 1 of the Apollo Twin. I can see the VU meter moving on track 1 on the Console.

But when I arm record on track 1 of Logic Pro X I can't see the meter moving in Logic, and when I record; it records no wave form on Logic and when I play it back in logic after recording it, there is no wave form and no sound plays back.

Please see the I/O matrix on both the Console and Logic attached. The same thing happens if I am in input 2 in the Apollo.

Over the past 6 months I always recorded things set to input 1 or 2 in Logic - and recorded whatever was plugged into the Apollo input 1 and 2, and that worked successfully. But that suddenly stopped working 2 days ago, now Logic doesn't record any sound when I set the input to 1 or 2. The VU meters don't recognise any sound coming into Logic.

My question is "why am I not able to record what is plugged into track 1 and 2 in the back of the Apollo onto Logic all of sudden?”

If you could help me with this problem that would be much appreciated. Thanks!!!!

I have watched all of the Apollo UAD videos and looked at the manuals - but I can’t work out what is going wrong.

(PS - I can record sound onto on input 3 and 4 on Logic - but they record both the new sound I am recording and also - which is a different issue I was on these boards asking about in the past 24 hours, and I only put it here in case it has some relevance that I am not aware of to my main problem above)

Thanks so much for any help you can give me on this

I think this screen grab shows that it is? Is it supposed to be?

On that screenshot you did I would uncheck "Input monitoring only for focused tracks..."

In fact, leave that unchecked every time.

Did you install something lately, macOS upgrade? Since you mentioned 2 o 3 days ago.

. Thank you Triplets! I will uncheck as you suggest. The moment it seemed to happen is when I opened a new project in Logic, and dragged a WAV file in that I received from a piano / keyboard player who did a part for me that I was going to sing to. When I dragged the WAV file into a blank audio track - I got asked the following two questions (see screen grabs) and I selected "don't import" both times. After that, my problems started. I dragged it into a blank track 1. Could this be the reason why? (Or maybe this is just a co-incidence).

1475927087_ScreenShot2021-08-12at2_28_18pm.png.f1fa76bfb396089ac517ea24f8f285d5.png

649523007_ScreenShot2021-08-12at2_28_00pm.png.4a44c142edce484fe890c5a9f65d243e.png

Well, if he recorded at the correct tempo, you should import the tempo information.

Otherwise your project will default to 110 bpm. Do you want that?

I just started a new project, dragged the keyboard player's WAV file in again and imported the tempo information. Which worked. Thanks for that. Unfortunately I tried to record onto Logic from input 1 of the Apollo Twin and still nothing is being recorded sadly.

What macOS version are you on?

Did you check for an UAD software update?

I am on macOS Catalina (see attached pic). There is a macOS Big Sur update that I haven't yet gone across to yet. I don't know how to tell what version of UAD I am on unfortunately .. thanks again for your help

198564278_ScreenShot2021-08-12at3_22_47pm.thumb.png.c285666ded0541ca2bac3afcfa781dd1.png

I think this screen grab shows that it is? Is it supposed to be?

On that screenshot you did I would uncheck "Input monitoring only for focused tracks..."

In fact, leave that unchecked every time.

Did you install something lately, macOS upgrade? Since you mentioned 2 o 3 days ago.

I tried unchecking "Input monitoring only for focused tracks..." and unfortunately still getting the same issue

• 3 weeks later...
Did you check in System Preferences, Security and Privacy, Privacy Tab, that Logic has access to the microphone?

Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 8.34.10 PM.png

Hello, sorry for my long delay in answering you. I checked that Logic has access to my microphone. I have been able to record onto Logic - but not onto tracks 1 and 2. See full description of my problem below again. Thanks for your suggestion! PROBLEM Sound from Input 1 and 2 in Apollo Twin not showing up in Logic.

Hello everyone. Here is my problem (hope you can help, I would very much appreciate it):

I have my microphone plugged into Input 1 at the back of the Apollo Twin. I have my headphones plugged into my Apollo Twin. I can hear my voice talking into the microphone. I can see the VU meter moving on track 1 of the Apollo Twin. I can see the VU meter moving on track 1 on the Console.

But when I arm record on track 1 of Logic Pro X I can't see the meter moving in Logic, and when I record; it records no wave form on Logic and when I play it back in logic after recording it, there is no wave form and no sound plays back.

Please see the I/O matrix on both the Console and Logic attached. The same thing happens if I am in input 2 in the Apollo.

Over the past 6 months I always recorded things set to input 1 or 2 in Logic - and recorded whatever was plugged into the Apollo input 1 and 2, and that worked successfully. But that suddenly stopped working 2 days ago, now Logic doesn't record any sound when I set the input to 1 or 2. The VU meters don't recognise any sound coming into Logic.

My question is "why am I not able to record what is plugged into track 1 and 2 in the back of the Apollo onto Logic all of sudden?”

If you could help me with this problem that would be much appreciated. Thanks!!!!

I have watched all of the Apollo UAD videos and looked at the manuals - but I can’t work out what is going wrong.

(PS - I can record sound onto on input 3 and 4 on Logic - but they record both the new sound I am recording and also the existing sound from all other tracks - all onto the new track on 3 or 4 - which is a different problem I was on these boards asking about in the past 2 weeks, and I only put it here in case it has some relevance that I am not aware of to my main problem above)

Thanks so much for any help you can give me on this

1130299152_ScreenShot2021-08-29at1_17_02pm.thumb.png.831f3b7fa5a3936818adbedc999d5993.png

In one of your screenshot Software Monitoring is ticked but greyed out. Don’t remember ever seeing that. Can you post a screenshot of the Devices tab?

And btw, when working with an Apollo(and the main reason to buy one) you’re better off putting Software Monitoring off and monitor your inputs through Console and use UAD plugins there so you can monitor with FXs without any latency.

• 1 year later...