Arturia Keylab MKII, mapping the Pan knobs.

Nandolino
Go to solution Solved by Nandolino,

• Solution

Hello dear Logic users, have updated to Monterey and also have the latest firmware from my Arturia Keylab MKII. The mapping works fine, unfortunately it doesn't work that way with the pan controls. Was the same with Big Sur. I have tried to find a solution via the setup of the control surfaces and the learning function unfortunately without success.

What is the easiest way to assign the pan function to my channel knobs? Somehow I'm doing something wrong with the assignment and I don't know where the error lies.

Could someone give me some advice? Thank you very much.

I'm confused.

According to the manual for your KeyLab 2, all you need to do is select the Logic preset in DAW mode and the encoders control the channel pans. Is this not working or are you trying to use the encoders to control something other than pan?

In User mode, you can assign a variety of MIDI commands to both the sliders and the encoders and save 10 presets, each with their own mappings.

First of all, thank you for your answer. In automatic mapping in DAW mode (Logic) the pan controls do not work. So I tried via Logic>preferences>Control Surface>Controller Assignments to assign this function to the pan knob. So within Logic and not via Keylabs MIDI Control Center. I will look into this again tomorrow and try this assignment via the User Presets in the MIDI Control Center. Thanks again.

• 1 year later...
7 hours ago, Nandolino said:

I think it was in the „~/Library/Preferences“ folder.

I reread your previous posts to get clarity. Was this a file created when you went to your original attempt in Logic to map the pan buttons before you went to the original remedy of creating a "user" mapping in Arturia's midi control center?  The reason I'm asking is because I've attempted neither solution yet. I might be able to get away with going straight to creating a user profile in midi control center.  Thanks for your quick response.

Edited by Orourkekings