DAW control with Komplete Kontrol keyboard [SOLVED]

Amorphous333
Go to solution Solved by Amorphous333,

Hi everyone,

I'm having problems with my Komplete Kontrol keyboard (S61) and Pro Logic. I want to control my DAW with the keyboard (play, stop, metronome, etc.), but although it was recognized by Logic and I can play with it, the DAW functions aren't working at all.

I already followed the official guide by native instruments, updated all the software, reinstalled the keyboard, etc. The only thing that didn't work as expected was the function "auto install devices" in Logic. I had to manually select the keyboard from a list and add it (which worked).

Also I noticed that in preferences -› control surface -› midi-controller the list is empty. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance for your help!

thx for the info, so I changed both to port 1 and also tried any other combination of input/output, but the buttons still don't work

When I use the Komplete Kontrol software though, I can use and record all of the knobs inside of Logic. And in the standalone version of Komplete Kontrol I can also use for example the Tempo Button (so it's not broken at least)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Just adding to this in case anyone else lands on this page - I had a very similar issue, and it was solved by deleting the plist file (com.apple.logic.pro.cs.plist) as suggested by @xgman.  

My symptoms were that Logic was responding to MIDI keypresses on the S61 Mk2 keyboard, but none of the S61 transport controls were working (play, record, up/down a track, rotary encoder moving the playhead, etc).  I deleted the keyboard from Control Surfaces > Setup, quit Logic, deleted the plist file, and loaded Logic again.

• 4 months later...

I'm having the exact same problem, but I can't find the plist file referenced above anywhere on my Mac.  Logic isn't recognizing my controller (because I deleted it thinking I could easily restore it!) , and auto configure is not working. The transport controls on my KK S61 MK2 don't work. The KK browser works. The other controls appear to work, although I haven't tried them all. The keys trigger what they are supposed to when loading VIs.

I tried Security/Privacy/Full Disk Access, but that doesn't seem to have done anything either. I'm terribly frustrated. Any help??

I'm having the exact same problem, but I can't find the plist file referenced above anywhere on my Mac.  Logic isn't recognizing my controller (because I deleted it thinking I could easily restore it!) , and auto configure is not working. The transport controls on my KK S61 MK2 don't work. The KK browser works. The other controls appear to work, although I haven't tried them all. The keys trigger what they are supposed to when loading VIs.

I tried Security/Privacy/Full Disk Access, but that doesn't seem to have done anything either. I'm terribly frustrated. Any help??