Headphone output problem on new 14" MacBook Pro???

Hi,

My apologies if this has been brought up before by someone else. I just upgraded to a new 14" MacBook Pro (M1 Pro) and noticed that the headphone output has absolutely no low end when connecting headphones. It's like a high pass filter is being used. I'm listening with Sony 7506 studio headphones and the sound is unbelievably thin. Nothing wrong with the headphones either. Has anyone else noticed this and is there a workaround?

Thanks.

That's odd. Are you used to those headphones, are you familiar with how they sound? If you are and are convinced that they are not sounding as you're used to, then I would recommend you bring the MacBook to an Apple Store for testing?

Oh yes...have had these specific headphones for 5 years. Very familiar with them. What's strange is Bluetooth AirPods sound fine. Also, I had another 14" MacBook Pro before I upgraded to this specific 14" MacBook Pro and same problem on both brand new computers. Weird, huh? :o

Great idea, David. Thanks! I just made an appt for today to bring my 14" MacBook Pro into the Apple Store. Will report back and update this thread on what the Apple Store finds after I go to the appt.

Edited by deckard1

Sony 7506 are 85 Ohms for impedance according to Internet. How do I check the computer headphone output impedance on my MacBook?

I wonder if this is due to the new automatic impedance detection feature: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212856

That has to be it then.

UPDATE: I just listened with wired Apple EarPods going into the headphone jack and it sounds great. No problems whatsoever. So, it's definitely the impedance mismatch with the Sony 7506's I would think.