Sampler Random Round Robin?

Andrew0568

I have 5 different samples loaded into Zone in Sampler. After I Create Round Robin is there a way to randomize them rather than just have them play in order (sample 1, sample 2, sample 3, sample 4, sample 5)?

I noticed this as well a few years ago while still using the EXS24.

I wish we could pick which option, something like "Ordered" or "Random".

As much as Round Robin is a good tool, if you play consecutive notes and you only have a few samples, it's noticeable that it's cycling.

• 2 years later...

I'm also extremely interested in this option. With a little research I found out that with Kontakt/Native Instruments it's possible and being used a lot. I actually look for something that goes one step further: not by repeatedly hitting the same key you get random samples of the round robin group, but already with the first hit it's random which of the samples you will hear. Anybody any ideas?

Edited by Mog

Perhaps use an LFO -  with Random selected as the Waveform - and set the Target to Sample Select or Sample Start?
This won't randomise the sample group order (in the Round Robin), but will cause random sample-level changes (maybe subtle or more crazy, depending on mod depth).

Thanks for your answer! Sounds like an interesting way to follow. What I look for is the possibility to control the amount of randomness key by key, that's why a sampler seemed to be a good choice. I'll see if I can do this with LFO inside the sampler. The parameter that I want to control is the tuning.