pb create Apple loop from book Logic Pro X 10.3 [SOLVED]

Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Dear,

I know that I am a book late but I cannot process the creation of the apple loop proposed in your book Logic pro X 10.3 page 295: the Slow Drums Apple loop created is empty.

I tried several times, everything goes as planed in the book but the loop created is empty.

Than you for your help!

Laurent

• Solution

Hi Laurent, sorry to hear you're having problems creating your Apple Loop!

Can you answer these few questions:

1. Do you follow all the instructions exactly as in the exercise in the book?

2. Prior to getting the empty loop, do you see all the results described within each step of the exercise as in the book or is anything slightly different?

3. When you say "empty" loop, what do you mean: is the loop created, but when you try to preview it there's no sound? Have you tried to drag it to the bottom of the workspace to see if there's a waveform in the region?

Thank you David for the quick reply.

I re-processed the whole exercice from the beginning (the BPM exercise) : so I closed the project and created a new one and it worked!

FYI There is still a difference with the book : in the custom transport, there is a midi information A9/#9/11/b5 while all tracks and regions are audio.

Thank you very much for your help. I am a big fan !

Thank you David for the quick reply.

I re-processed the whole exercice from the beginning (the BPM exercise) : so I closed the project and created a new one and it worked!

Great! Good to hear. :D

FYI There is still a difference with the book : in the custom transport, there is a midi information A9/#9/11/b5 while all tracks and regions are audio.

That is completely unrelated to the exercise or the book, and it doesn't matter that you're using audio tracks: that just means that there are MIDI notes that are sent to your Mac that create that chord. If you turn off your MIDI controller keyboard then that information should disappear from the MIDI In monitor in Logic.

Thank you very much for your help. I am a big fan !

You're welcome! :D