Logic 10.7.3 Crashing on ADM import

Logic 10.7.3 is crashing (nearly) every time I try to import an ADM file to monitor spatial audio through the Apple renderer algorithm.

Have tested across four systems with similar results including two M1 Mac Minis, an M1 MAX Macbook Pro, and an M1 Macbook Air. Have also tested across two versions of Monterey (The important features of the Apple renderer require both Apple Silicon and Monterey, and were only added in 10.7.3, so please don't offer solutions involving Intel, less excessively new OS's, or older versions of Logic, thanks!).

Has anybody else experienced this issue or found any workarounds for it? For a while we had one system that would successfully open an ADM on the second try after a crash, and deleting all AU and VST plugins helped slightly, but still it is not a usable workflow currently.

On 4/27/2022 at 9:13 AM, leachimlima said:

I have the same exact issue on LP 10.7.3, MacOS 12.3.1. ADM BWFs are exported from Pro Tools. Couldn’t open a single one with Logic with the Import function or directly from Finder with right click-open with Logic, it always crashes.

I am on a 16“ M1 Pro 32 1TB

Good news, @Crumbs suggested a solution that worked for me:
Open Logic in Rosetta mode (in Applications, right click Logic, then click 'get info' and check the box saying 'open using Rosetta')

Then import the ADM. It should import successfully without crashing.

You can now play it back in Rosetta mode, or save as a Logic session, close, switch back to native M1 mode, and open and play.

Hope this helps!

• Love 1