Used to be able to bounce midi to Mono tracks [SOLVED]

Mark1971
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Hi,

I'm not sure if I inadvertently changed a setting or not but I used to be able to put a gain plugin on a stereo midi track, change the instance of the plugin to mono and then when I would bounce it would give me a mono audio track. It's just not working anymore. As a work around I just click the 2 circles and make it one and that changes the channel to mono but the wave form on it stays stereo. It bugs me and wasn't sure if there's another way. I want some mono audio tracks for kick, snares, bass, etc....

• Solution
17 hours ago, Mark1971 said:

As a work around I just click the 2 circles and make it one and that changes the channel to mono but the wave form on it stays stereo.

The problem is, that changes only the input of the channel strip. If the channel strip outputs a stereo signal then you're bouncing a stereo signal. Try to also click-hold the double-arrow that appears to the right of the slot of the first plug-in to make that plug-in mono, then each subsequent plug-in mono as well. 

In the end, bounce without including Volume/Pan automation and you should get a mono bounce? Let us know if that works or not. 

• Like 1

• David Nahmani changed the title to Used to be able to bounce midi to Mono tracks [SOLVED]