Routing lost and re-allocated

Gridscape

Hi just posting this to see if it a known issue.

Had a very strange one today.

Have a largely prepared project, loads on it - complete 13 piece brass section, guitars keys drums the lot, all routed into buses and auxes for fx, automation VCAs (I kind of mix as I go. I then started recorded some vocal tracks in another room using logic remote on an ipad.

When I started comping I noticed the project was progressively sounding odd. Basically the busses, auxes, had all become jumbled up going into the wrong routes, even the VCA assignments were all over the place (so for instance trombones ended outputting to the snare reverb). There also appeared to be signals running even when the project was not running. I suppose I need to say I didn't do anything to reroute, I was pleased with how it sounded.

I did a 'revert to' to restore late yesterday - all was well but it meant I had to sacrifice my comping (I couldn't figure how to export the vocal track retaining the comps).

So, I thought I'd better post this to the community - I have no idea what I did to cause this (if I did anything) but if this is a known 'thing' I'd love to know more.

I'm off to redo my vocals (it was a tough one too) hoping this doesn't happen again.

No. Thinking about it I think it went wrong while I was recording (I was using Logic Remote on an iPad and was in another room from my iMAC). I could tell something was wrong because I could hear weird reverbs appearing in my headphones. What I should have done is checked the edit history, sometimes when it goes badly you don't do the logical things.

Oh well I guess fingers crossed it doesn't happen aain - I don't like 'the unexplained' !

There is a known issue in Logic where projects can become corrupted like that when you open 2 (or more) projects at the same time, which should never be done in Logic (in my opinion the software shouldn't even let you do it since it's buggy). So if you believe that it's possible that you may have 2 projects open at the same time at some point, then that's probably the issue.