Allow automation of Retro synth oscillator type and module power buttons

grrdjf

Why can I midi learn but not automate (and thus not record as midi) the power buttons (filter, chorus/flanger, glide) and oscillator type (analog/sync/table/fm) of Retro synth? An unfortunate limitation.

Edited by grrdjf
Left out details
  • Sad 1

Yeah I've just checked and verified that this is true. I was gonna recommend using the Modulator midi plugin to hack this but even then when I tried to map the LFO to the parameters you mentioned (on/off button and oscillator type) it says these are not 'automatable' parameters... 

I think the best way to go around this would be to to do it 'manually' as in duplicating the midi track and chopping the midi region into different bits for each setting, so one track would be "filter on / FM", and another track will be "glide off / sync" etc.

Sure, works great if you know which combinations of modules you want on each track in advance. Or: just record audio if you want to be able to decide live, or if you like the realistic sound it makes when you interrupt the signal flow by turning an active module off, etc. It’s just irritating that the plug in obviously can respond to midi data for those targets (I can learn them on my controller), but for no reason I can fathom refuses to read or record the same data from/to the automation subsystem.

• Like 1