Pointer moves but won't click solo, mute, automation nodes etc - intermittent

ted_manzie

Logic 10.7.2 - getting this super annoying intermittent issue where I'm editing automation, or general tweaking and suddenly the pointer won't be able to pick 'solo' or 'mute' on the channel and won't select automation nodes. It usually lasts about 30 - 60 secs of zooming in out, opening &closing windows etc and suddenly the pointer starts working again. The pointer isn't frozen, it just stops 'working'... any ideas?!

I experienced this not too long ago, I want to say also on 10.7.2 as I skipped 10.7.3 and am now on 10.7.4.

I noticed if I zoomed in on the UI using macOS’ accessibility/zoom features, it’s almost as if the UI mapping had shifted. I’m not a programmer so not sure what the proper term for this is, but for me putting the pointer just above the target mute/solo/etc. button I wanted to click and clicking would activate it, whereas clicking right on the button wouldn’t do anything.

Good times with Logic lol… anyways updating to 10.7.4 has resolved this and it hasn’t returned.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ted_manzie said:

I was holding off as I'm in the middle of a project but maybe I'll try as it's really driving me nuts

Just duplicate the Logic Pro app in ‘applications’ and rename the duplicate to 10.7.2 then update to 10.7.4 so you can still open both versions..

• Like 1