Waves V13 Plugins Not Supported Past 10.6.3 - Having Issues - Want to Roll Back to 10.6.3 - Seeking Help

Warrior
Go to solution Solved by Warrior,

I've recently purchased and/or started a demo of several Waves plugins. They are in my plugins folder but Logic isn't recognizing them.

Last week I worked with Waves support and resolved 1 of them. However, since then, no newly installed Waves plugins will work. I've tried the same steps (very lengthy) as before but no deal.

The support tech said that V13 plugins are not supported past Logic 10.6.3.

I would like to roll back from 10.7.4 to 10.6.3 but I don't know how to do that.

Any suggestions?

I worked with Apple support to try to download an older version of Logic (10.6.3) using an older Mac Mini running Catalina. However, it would not allow me to see the older version

They suggested I try to find someone who has a 10.6.3 version they could share with me.

If anyone here has it, I would be eternaly grateful if you could share it with me.

I've not heard of anyone who can't run current Waves V13 plugins in the current versions of Logic.

I *have* heard of problems with the AU Reg utility in V13, and have seen people resorting to using the V12 AU reg utility to get plugins to be correctly reported to macOS.

Edited by des99
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, des99 said:

I've not heard of anyone who can't run current Waves V13 plugins in the current versions of Logic.

Now you have! LOL

I can only vouch for my own experience and what the support tech told me.

It does state in the Waves documentation that v13 is not currently supported beyond 10.6.3.

Just now, Warrior said:

I can only vouch for my own experience and what the support tech told me.

Me too. Honestly, if it didn't actually work, the forums would be full of people complaining about it, and we'd know about it.

1 minute ago, Warrior said:

It does state in the Waves documentation that v13 is not currently supported beyond 10.6.3.

Sure - it means at the time of writing the documentation, Waves hadn't tested anything beyond 10.6.3, and thus can't guarantee compatibility - not that it doesn't work...

The Waves plugins I have are V13 and are working just as usual in Logic 10.7.4...

3 minutes ago, des99 said:

"If your DAW (or DAW version) is not listed here, we recommend you demo the product you wish to purchase to confirm it works."

That’s what started all of this. Was trying to demo CLA-76, J37 & CLA-2A.

None would show in Logic.

Had the same issue last week with another but was able to resolve it. Same steps didn’t work this time.

4 minutes ago, fisherking said:

one of my collabs is on logic 10.7.4, and says she's having no issues running waves v13. obvious question, but have you rebooted? you could move the AU cache file to the desktop, reopen logic, rebuild the cache, see if that helps...

Yep, tried all of that and more multiple times. I have other v13 plugins that are working just fine as well.

3 minutes ago, Warrior said:

Yep, tried all of that and more multiple times. I have other v13 plugins that are working just fine as well.

find alternative plugins to the ones you wanted to check out? not sure your newer logic projects will open in the older version (anyone want to confirm this?).

anyway if it were me, at this point i'd explore other plugins...

3 minutes ago, fisherking said:

find alternative plugins to the ones you wanted to check out? not sure your newer logic projects will open in the older version (anyone want to confirm this?).

anyway if it were me, at this point i'd explore other plugins...

Trust me…. I explore a lot of plugins. It’s my guilty pleasure accumulating way more plug-ins than I need. That’s the fun of it!

10 minutes ago, Warrior said:

Did you run the V13 AU reg utility after installing the new plugins?

If you did, and they didn't show up, I again suggest download a V12 legacy version from Waves, just to get the V12 AU reg utility, and running that and seeing whether they show up then...

Edited by des99

1 minute ago, Warrior said:

Trust me…. I explore a lot of plugins. It’s my guilty pleasure accumulating way more plug-ins than I need. That’s the fun of it!

ok, but if they don't work, check out some other developer's plugins. because this thread suggests you're not having fun right now.

also what des99 said above...

• David Nahmani changed the title to Waves V13 Plugins Not Supported Past 10.6.3 - Having Issues - Want to Roll Back to 10.6.3 - Seeking Help
  • Solution

Well folks.... after loading 10.6.3 and going through the process of rescanning my plugins, I came to the realization that the problem all along was that I had not properly activated the trial plugin licenses.

Talk about eating some crow, huh!!

I sincerely appreciate all of the input, advice and support from everyone here.

Sometimes it's the stupidest little things!

I'm back up to 10.7.4 and things are running smooth!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Are you still running things in 32-bit??  As support for that was deprecated a little while back by both Apple and most major developers including Waves. The other thing to look out for is moving their plugins from the default install locations as that can break interdependencies, leading to buggy behaviour or plugins not working at all.

I've been running V13 myself for quite sometime, though I'm on 10.7.x, not 10.6.x so that's not of much help.  Though if Waves say they support it then it should work.

Another thing you can do is try the AUReg app inside the Waves plugins folder within Applications.  Some times Logic won't see then until you run that.Inside Waves Central's Settings tab there are a few options you may want to have a look at too, including Fix Permissions and Ownership.  Dodgy permissions can also cause behaviour like this.  Just make sure you have the latest version of C