question about using 2 Drum Kit Designer Tracks

Logicman2

You would have to use Sampler for this. On one of your DKD track, click-hold the two arrow symbol that appears to the right of the DKD plug-in slot when you hover it and choose Sampler. Now you can customize the sample mapping to your heart's content. 

Or if you want a simpler solution, you could remap the notes using Scripter before they are routed to the 2nd DKD plug-in. 

3 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

You would have to use Sampler for this. On one of your DKD track, click-hold the two arrow symbol that appears to the right of the DKD plug-in slot when you hover it and choose Sampler. Now you can customize the sample mapping to your heart's content. 

Or if you want a simpler solution, you could remap the notes using Scripter before they are routed to the 2nd DKD plug-in. 

Thanks David. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

You're welcome. Let us know if you need help with that. I remember writing a simple script for remapping one note to another, it should be in the MIDI FX Script section of this forum.

I had to remap the set up I have now. The 2Box drum module I use has fixed notes for ride Cymbal and HiHat that don't match Logics midi notes. But when I do a Remap, I have to redirect it in the midi environment right? 

I found that I can't use scripter in Producer kits unless I put it in overheads. I been using the producer kit as a summing folder for the other tracks, but unfortunately I still have to have a redirect track about that to feed it all. Do you think it would be easier to go with a 3rd party plugin like Steven Slate, EZdrummer or Superior?