"Delete all region automation" not working

maninthegame0007

Hello everyone,

Got a 72 piece orchestral score on Sibelius. Use NotePerformer as playback device in Sibelius. Export Sibelius score as a midi file (see my midi export options attached as a screenshot) and the import it into Logic. Now all my regions have a bunch of parameters attached to them (see screenshot). I created a shortcut for "Delete all Region Automation" in Key Commands. Whenever I use this shortcut, none of these Region Automation points disappear. When I click MIX>DELETE AUTOMATION>DELETE ALL AUTOMATION ON SELECTED TRACK it also does not delete any automation whatsoever. I also checked key command conflicts, nothing. 

The only mass deletion command that works is 'delete all visible automation'. But that is not sufficient since I want to avoid having to go through 72 tracks (20 times cause I need to produce 20 tracks!) and open all the automation parameters. Massive waste of my time. 

Any input on this ? Thanks a million, my friends. 

j

Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 12.01.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 12.45.58 PM.png

47 minutes ago, sandmann0086 said:

I had an inkling it was related to that. Then I started researching control change messages vs. automation and ended up in Nirvana. Can I get rid of these control change messages some other way? Why do they show up in automation when they aren't automation?

Being closely related to track automation, MIDI CCs are (now) considered some form of region automation (think of Volume CC vs Volume track automation, or Pan CC vs Pan track automation). 

What you could do is use the Transform window (Window > Open MIDI Transform) to delete all MIDI CC in all the selected regions: 

image.png