Can You Import A YouTube Video Into Logic?

reddvette
Go to solution Solved by analogika,

I found a YouTube video that I want to import in to Logic. First of all, is that possible? The video is of a person playing a guitar solo that I want to learn but they are playing it in blistering real time. I want to bring it in to Logic and then use Flex Time to slow it down so I can learn it. If this is possible I would like to know how to do it. Thanks in advance.

Your options are:

- extract the audio from the video using an online tool (I use https://en.loader.to/2/ ) and drag/import into Logic

- use routing tools to route the sound from YT to Logic.

- I use Blackhole to achieve this,

- but you could also purchase Loopback, as per David's answer,

- or use the loopback function of your soundcard if it has it. Many do, it might be worth checking.

Note: You won't be able to slow down the video in Logic; only the audio. I'd probably use davinci resolve to slow down the video.

11 hours ago, reddvette said:

Guys, thanks for your help on this. It never occurred to me to just slow down the speed right there on YouTube. Now I feel dumb........LOL

It’s not obvious. 

using a different app (I use Virtual DJ in addition to Logic, because it allows easy isolation of stems, muting of vocals, etc.) gives other benefits, too, such as looping.