Two Tracks so far...

bobsbarricades

So I started on a whole bunch of ideas - using my computer as a scrap book more or less and now that I've graduated I am trying to finish them up. Which I'm glad to do now that I have more time :P

Anywho, here's my ReverbNation profile - I kind of like the site. I hate MySpace and was stoked that facebook grabbed this. It has some pretty cool features too.

interesting mix of electronic and traditional sounds .. the "stutter" style drums in "roads of passion" sound cool.

i tried to listen to tabla but the reverb nation player keeps doing weird random things and wont play it for me.

nice work though.. good luck with it all!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
So I started on a whole bunch of ideas - using my computer as a scrap book more or less and now that I've graduated I am trying to finish them up. Which I'm glad to do now that I have more time :P

Anywho, here's my ReverbNation profile - I kind of like the site. I hate MySpace and was stoked that facebook grabbed this. It has some pretty cool features too.

i don't like myspace that much, either, but good call on starting your account there...it's a must, these days.

i actually found soundclick.com to be WAYYY more stable than myspace, reverbnation, broadjam, theirmusic, purevolume, etc....and i, sadly, have accounts in all of them...hehehe. right now, i only concentrate on myspace and soundclick...those two have served me well, in varying degrees.....

so, i typed this while i listened to 'tabla.' you have some great textures in here. i don't know if i'm a HUGE fan of the totally soaked tabla sound....i like that instrument for its earthiness and a huge digital reverb takes away a bit for me, but that's taste, right? i LOVE your synth pad....i love that you keep hinting at DnB, but not quite 'releasing' into it...it's a great use of rhythmic tension. the distorted sounds in there are jagged, but totally artistic. i'm a fan, man!

:) are you considering vocals for this tune, or another?

thanks for telling me about soundclick, I'm definitely going to check it out.

I know what you mean about the 'earthen sound' of the tablas - i think I was going through a 'verb phase or something :P Plus I fell in love with that subtle tone underneath it.

I actually don't know about lyrics - I have been in a place where I didn't want to, but now... maybe i will :) I have been motivated to start coming up with ways to perform all my tracks live - form a sort of collective ya know.

That Catharsis track was actually my first track with vocals (of which i am going back and changing a bunch of things now - kind of want to take it down :P).

I also have to say thanks for taking the time to give me some feedback. I saw your reverbnation page and REALLY like you're stuff, good lyrics :) Do you guys have a record out?