Logic sampler how to use breathcontroller, midi cc messages to control parameters in the mod matrix

ericpranachi

Hello everybody,

I am not capable to assign my Tecontrol BBC2 breathcontroller or any other midi controller to the parameters in the Mod matrix window of the new sampler. I manage to assign the breathcontroller very easy in all the other logic synthesizers, all the other software like kontakt, audio modeling Swam instruments and also before in the EXS 24 sampler. For example, when I choose the 'Studio Violins' instrument in Logic, I can easily assign midi cc and thus also for the breathcontroller, to the vibrato controller and the dynamic controller in the editor of that instrument .

But whatever I try, in the new logic sampler I don't manage.

For example, what I do: as SOURCE I choose cc #2, TARGET volume, AMOUNT 100% and VIA I choose cc#2 again.

I also have a midi keyboard. Using the pitch wheel and modulation wheel and choose midi cc 1 or 11 also does not work.

I am sure I am missing something here. I hope that somebody can help me out.

With kind regards,

eric pranachi

Schermafbeelding 2022-06-19 om 12.36.38.png

Schermafbeelding 2022-06-19 om 12.36.50.png

Volume modulation via CC does indeed behave weird in Sampler, as the audible Volume isn't nearly what the little white dot drawn to show the modulated value indicates. Maybe a bug? All other modulation destinations in Sample work as expected here. Did you try other destinations as well?

Thanks, yes, i tried all kind of destinations, like filter cut off, resonance, drive, blend, pitch, the lfo's. also different targets, sources and also in the VIA window. It just does not work at all. So, i think i must be missing something big, something important which I for now really don,t know what this can be. Because, as told before, with all the other instruments and software I have no problem at all.

• David Nahmani changed the title to Logic sampler how to use breathcontroller, midi cc messages to control parameters in the mod matrix