Logic 10.7.4 alternative track not menu showing up

geewytee

Hey, I'm unable to get the alternative track menu in the latest version of Logic.
This videos shows the problem: https://watch.screencastify.com/v/ze4BOtBy1MlcXIpfAkKP
I use a Macbook Air M1 with Mac OS Monterey

Has anyone encountered this issue? Solution?
Thx

38 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

I watched the video again, this time with the sound on, and you're right, that's the issue right there. 

Nope... that's not at all this issue (and of course I do a left click first).

In the video, I mention doing a right click just to show that the menu is not coming up there either.

3 minutes ago, geewytee said:

Nope... that's not at all this issue (and of course I do a left click first).

In the video, I mention doing a right click just to show that the menu is not coming up there either.

Oh ok my bad, I misunderstood the video then. 

Ok then what if you try in a brand new empty project, can you make it work there? 

Brand new project alone was. was not cutting it.

I had to open Logic without any project (holding option and double clicking the app icon to open it), then create a new project (and check if the track alternative menu shows up: it does), then open the file I'm working on, which then displays the track alternative.

This means the file is not corrupted.

That's really strange behavior...

• Like 1

If I close Logic and re-open with the project, I have the same issue.

If I reopen without the project, and then open the project, I have the same issue.

I have to open without any project (option key), then create a blank project... and then it works.

Basically I have to do the whole procedure mentioned in my previous post every time I want to open the project.

At it it's a consistent bug...

Edited by geewytee

That project behaves completely normal here, even when I open it, set Logic's startup action to "Open most recent", then quit and restart Logic so the project gets opened automatically. Left-clicking on the Track Alternatives widget immediately reveals the Track Alternatives menu (starting with "New"). All with 10.7.4 on Monterey 12.4

What input device are you using? Trackpad? Mouse? How do you have set your Trackpad/Mouse preferences? E.g. for "Secondary click"?

Do the Key Commands for the various Track Alternatives menu entries still work (like this oneimage.png.87ba5f545696b48aaa28ed59ed0cc97c.png)? 

11 minutes ago, geewytee said:

My mouse works well in all apps on my M1 MacBook Air

I wasn't questioning that, just wanted to check what could cause this and what's different on our machines. So, M1. I have an Intel Macbook Pro here. And you're using a mouse (or did you want to write trackpad?) Anyone else with an M1 reading this who can check out geewytee's project?

BTW you might want to update your signature ;)

Edited by polanoid

• 1 year later...