Logic bouncing past cycle region selected.

NoPro

All of a sudden logic is bouncing the project past the cycle selected ? What gives...this has never happened. Any clues .there’s no automation or anything I can think of. I get extra length no audio...fie like 20 30 seconds ....not the only song.

3 minutes ago, Dynamic_Notes said:

Just a couple of suggestions:

- Have you looked at the bounce window and varified the start and finish points?

- Have you tried putting the end marker where you want the project to finish?

Well. I’ve never needed to look at any markers ....or had to verify ....but I will now....I’ve only selected the range and bounced (the yellow cycle bar).....I noticed I do have other tracks that were muted but went beyond the cycle range ? Hmmm. This is a 1rst. I’m going to pull up the session again and try again. In cases of a fade out I’d automate the master fader volume and all was well. Always as long the content I wanted to bounce was within the yellow cycle bar I was fine. We’ll see

The extra tracks beyond, may have something to do with it as is the case with the audio tail. Logic should not bounce outside of the ranges in the bounce window. Try a quick dummy test with say, 4 bars of material or something, make sure there's no extra muted regions beyond cycle range, and disable audio tail. Set cycle range, Bounce that out and see if all goes as expected.

Edited by Dynamic_Notes

18 minutes ago, Dynamic_Notes said:

The extra tracks beyond, may have something to do with it as is the case with the audio tail. Logic should not bounce outside of the ranges in the bounce window. Try a quick dummy test with say, 4 bars of material or something, make sure there's no extra muted regions beyond cycle range, and disable audio tail. Set cycle range, Bounce that out and see if all goes as expected.

I just bounced with audio tail off and it bounced within the proper range...regardless of any audio beyond the cycle . I looked at the start and end number in both cases. I then trimmed the excess audio off and repeated the same. It bounced within the range both times. I don’t know I’ve been in the studio too long today . This is strange behavior that’s never happened before. Different sessions also ...the bounce just keeps bouncing for a while and the end result is an extra long bounced track....I’ll double checked tmw but if anyone knows anything about this please let me know as I’ve never had an issue with the cycle range and bounce 

27 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

So everything seems to be working as expected then: with include audio tail selected your bounce may extend past the boundaries, with include audio tail deselected you result is exactly the same length as the boundaries: this is normal behavior. 

I think so...I need to slow down and re-check everything ...hopefully just user error. I was anxious to bounce and listen but it happened on a few different songs....I may have been zoomed to small and it looked like I had my cycle set correctly. Other than that I don’t know what else might have caused this odd behavior .I’ve bounced many sessions with audio existing after the cycle region and this never happened. I’ll run further tests tomorrow and leave audio tails checked as it’s been checked for years. I’ll create a few songs ...and bounce. I’ll make some songs with audio after the cycle region and some without. Short songs. This should verify if there’s a problem or not. P.s. one song was a full minute of silence after the song should have ended!

Edited by NoPro

16 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

Audio tail adds a tail to your file only if you have plug-ins that create that tail such as reverb or delay, it's possible that before you didn't have those and now you do? 

In any case I recommend you always leave audio tail unselected and determine manually the exact length you want, you'll have less surprises. 

I will do that and  just keep it off. justI wonder if somehow  I checked it accidentally . Either way almost a minute Over wouldn’t have been caused by the audio tail option. 

3 hours ago, NoPro said:

Either way almost a minute Over wouldn’t have been caused by the audio tail option. 

It doesn't sound like it would but you never know, even a small amount of noise created by a plug-in (such as an analog modeling plug-in) can create a long audio tail. I don't trust that option, it's creating too many issues. Many people report having infinite tails sometimes. Just now I tried it with a cycle on to test for your question, and it cut the tail short. 

• 1 year later...

Hi, the same thing happens to me (I don't know if it's cycle or loop but it's what you can do with the "L" command) but it happens to me even when I'm recording. What is for sure is that it starts after updating Ventura. So is not about the tail checkbox at least in my case. It's driving me crazy!

5 hours ago, AMP said:

Hi, the same thing happens to me (I don't know if it's cycle or loop but it's what you can do with the "L" command) but it happens to me even when I'm recording. What is for sure is that it starts after updating Ventura. So is not about the tail checkbox at least in my case. It's driving me crazy!

Try closing the session and rebooting . I unchecked include audio tail and it stopped the behavior for a little while then it came back and then disappeared completely so there’s no good answer . I wish I knew for sure  …hard to believe it’s still happening in Ventura ….