macbook air fan noise amazing

kerochan

I was having problems with my macbook air's noisy fans, so I used a high pressure blower thing, did the trick. But after a few years, when I had lot of things open like Chrome, the fans were noisy, 2 things I recently done was upgrade to Monterey and instal 'Clean my Mac'    The computer is totally silent now and gets nowhere near as warm as the past.  can the Clean my Mac app be responsible for this?   

I would NEVER recommend Clean My Mac or any other of these cleaner tools. Most versions of it are adware/malware, it is 100% unnecessary and can remove important files that it doesn't understand, as one of my customers found out this week when I had to re-image his machine because of it. 

The only thing that will get a Mac's fans running faster than Chrome is Teams. Chrome is *terrrible* on the Mac and Teams is basically unusable on an intel Air. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, redgreenblue said:

I would NEVER recommend Clean My Mac or any other of these cleaner tools. Most versions of it are adware/malware, it is 100% unnecessary and can remove important files that it doesn't understand, as one of my customers found out this week when I had to re-image his machine because of it. 

The only thing that will get a Mac's fans running faster than Chrome is Teams. Chrome is *terrrible* on the Mac and Teams is basically unusable on an intel Air. 

Sorry to hear this.

For me 'Clean my Mac' has changed my experience totally, Chrome is now silent and the computer is very fast.  

11 minutes ago, redgreenblue said:

The M1 Air doesn’t, the intel ones have a single fan that can get really loud. And when it does my customers are convinced something is wrong, not understanding that computers have a fan/fans for a reason. 

Good point actually, thats I why I dont use a fan control thing, but the clean my mac seems to have really worked, for me anyways, it could possibly be also upgrading to Monterey