Final choice of 2 for new main computer!?

So after much research I have decided to go for one of these two, any pointers?

For Logic & Pro Tools only.

Choice 1.   Apple M1 Pro with 10-core CPU, 16-core GPU, 16-core Neural Engine, 32GB Memory, 2 TB Storage

Choice 2.   Apple M1 Max chip with 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU and 16-core Neural Engine, 64GB Memory, 2 TB Storage

1 hour ago, David Nahmani said:

The 2nd choice is better all around, it's also more expensive, so if you can afford it and need that power, go for it.

Thank you ,  I am leaning towards the 2nd one, this will be my main computer, so I wanna make the right choice!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dox said:

Also anything you buy will soon become old and eventually obsolete after a surprisingly short time. Such is the fast pace of software development. The best today is soon passé!

you're joking, right? ppl here are running logic on 10-year-old macs (or older). you may not be able to update to the latest logic version, but if you can make music, you can make music. we get to choose, how long we stay with an OS, or a mac (unless it does in fact stop working). seriously, the sky is not falling...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fisherking said:

you're joking, right? ppl here are running logic on 10-year-old macs (or older). you may not be able to update to the latest logic version, but if you can make music, you can make music. we get to choose, how long we stay with an OS, or a mac (unless it does in fact stop working). seriously, the sky is not falling...

Well said! 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

When I read these topics about the choice of a new machine I know I will have to change my desktop one a day or an other but I keep wondering about the solution of 2 medium macs instead of a big one in order to run my orchestral libraries plugins, the greedy ones, on one of them thru VEP and run Logic on the other.

For instance 2 well stuffed mac minis or 1 mac studio + 1 mac mini

What do you think about that? Is it a bad idea?

Edited by FLH3