Automatically Name Track by Region Name by default?

wing

I often like to duplicate audio tracks when I want to have it immediately below another track, or to obviously have similar settings. However when I drag a region from the file browser (drum loops for example) I have to manually re-select the track and enter the key command for "Name Track by Region/Cell name". Which is fine but it's an extra step for something I do all the time.

I can obviously see the reason you would not want to rename the track when dragging a region but in my case, I was wondering if there is a preference setting somewhere to make renaming automatically the default behavior?

• 10 months later...
19 minutes ago, ansolas said:

Default seams to be 'MIDI Region'

I wonder if that's even a bug/oversight, as newly recorded MIDI regions are already named after the track name. Creating a new empty MIDI region does not do that.

Edited by polanoid

• 8 months later...

It's so weird that I came to this thread while working tonight and seeing that you guys had this re-surface haha. Yeah, I've always just used the key command to rename everything, but since I'm in a massive project atm, I figured I'd see if there were any updates to this (or at least LPX adding a feature)... I see that's not the case unfortunately! Haha, happy producing friends!