Logic Sampler - save with samples embedded similar to NI's 'monolith' format?

wing

I create a lot of Logic Sampler instruments but I'd love to be able to save the presets with the samples embedded to make it easier to move them or share them with collaborators. Native Instruments' Kontakt/Battery etc has "monolith" which is the idea.

The checkbox for 'save with audio data' appears to save the samples in a separate samples folder which is fine but it would still make it easier to move and share if they were contained somehow.

Is there a way to do this that I'm not seeing? Thanks

The EXS (Sampler Instrument) format does support this but it's not something Logic lets you do - it seems to be more designed as a way to package some content together for distribution. It also has some performance disadvantages.

I use Redmatica's Keymap Pro which does allow you to build monolithic EXS instruments, for instance.

But for most uses, zipping up the instrument with the samples in a subfolder is probably the preferred method.

Edited by des99

Thanks for the explanation. That's too bad it's not just a simple thing within Logic but oh well. I'll just try to make it a habit to copy/consolidate the samples over in the same place as I save the instruments which I think will make it easier to keep things together and tidy.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, des99 said:

I run Keymap in an El Cap VM on later Macs.

Ah right, Virtual Machine. Good idea. I tried reinstalling Redmatica apps on my old Mac Book but of course the authorisation won't work -at least I can't get it to.

Sampler seems ok for the occasional job. but the Batch Instrument function in Keymap is just amazing when you have folders & folders of samples & loops....!! I just love jamming with a bunch of them in realtime, it' so much better than dragging them from Finder to the Timeline one by one

3 minutes ago, rikki rivett said:

Ah right, Virtual Machine. Good idea. I tried reinstalling Redmatica apps on my old Mac Book but of course the authorisation won't work -at least I can't get it to.

Before Redmatica went away, they issued new versions of the apps that did not require online activation, as well as issued registration codes per app per user via email, so users could continue to install and use them. Those are the versions you need to be using...

4 minutes ago, rikki rivett said:

Sampler seems ok for the occasional job. but the Batch Instrument function in Keymap is just amazing when you have folders & folders of samples & loops....!!

Indeed! 👍

3 minutes ago, des99 said:

Before Redmatica went away, they issued new versions of the apps that did not require online activation, as well as issued registration codes per app per user via email, so users could continue to install and use them. Those are the versions you need to be using...

Ah yes...correct, I remember....and "duh", I didn't keep the Installers......or can't find them on my forest of drives .....

32 minutes ago, rikki rivett said:

Ah yes...correct, I remember....and "duh", I didn't keep the Installers......or can't find them on my forest of drives .....

I'm sure I have the installers, if you have your serial numbers etc. Give me a PM and I'll dig them out for you if you need them...

• Like 1