Separate a track into 3 mono channels

MUSIC MAX

Hello everyone,

I have a Hamletic doubt to clarify: how is it possible to separate an audio track in 3 different channels, or better in 3 mono channels? In detail, if I do the usual stereo bounce I have the possibility to clearly pan 2 tracks on 2 different channels Dx and Sx ... click for the drummer and base in output, but, and here I come to the point, if I had the need to manage separately a third channel, for example a bass from the same track, how do I do .. ?? In simple terms, panpottare in 3 separate mono channels, so that from the Mixer I can manage all of them and 3 separately ... I don't know if it's possible, but I ask for light ...

Thanks

While there are multichannel audio file standards which can handle more than 2 discrete channels, there's so many of these standards that chances are the receiver won't understand what the sender was trying to transmit, or that the channel order is mixed up or that it can't read the file anyway.

To solve this, you use Sends on each channel to three separate output of your multi-channel audio interface. Outputs 1-2 go to FoH, output 3 goes to the drummer who will really appreciate if he doesn't get just a boring click, but maybe even some of that tasty music too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'll probably explain myself first through a Video, I need for example that a bass track can be separated in each sequence, however already panpotted to the right with the base and left with the click to be sent to my drummer ... so that the bass can be managed separately with a mixer, especially at the volume level independent of the other channels ... In this video you can see the whole repertoire as I set it in separate tracks ....no, if you look carefully the video was done in very bad English 😅, but I think you will understand ... Thanks. https://youtu.be/BX43NEivKKk

Edited by MUSIC MAX