Midi Transform Crescendo

JamesK

• JamesK changed the title to Midi Transform Crescendo

On your screenshot, it looks like you're trying to create the crescendo between bars 1 and 5, but the notes are on bar 40?

Note that on newer versions of Logic Pro, the action menu at the bottom left of the MIDI Transform window lets you choose whether the position values are absolute or relative (to the region start position): 

image.png

23 hours ago, David Nahmani said:
On 8/11/2022 at 3:29 PM, JamesK said:

Looks like the range needs to be manually set each time?

Yes, that's correct. 

I don't like ever contradicting David because he knows about 100x more about Logic than I do, but I believe that if you look at the action menu graphic that he posted above, you'll see a selection at the bottom called "Selection defines position and/or pitch range." This is your friend. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, splunk said:

I don't like ever contradicting David because he knows about 100x more about Logic than I do, but I believe that if you look at the action menu graphic that he posted above, you'll see a selection at the bottom called "Selection defines position and/or pitch range." This is your friend. 

Yes! Now I can use the key commands for the custom transform sets by selection.

Thank you

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 4/26/2023 at 8:33 PM, David Nahmani said:

I'm not sure what you mean by that? 

Excuse my explanation, maybe a little unclear, but instead of going to the menu in piano roll every time I want Humanize, it would be good for me to have a shortcut for it. And the crescendo function.

I would like to have/make a function in Midi Transform where you can make your own parameter that controls the quantization in the feeling, i.e. push or pull feeling / Groove, without moving all midi notes in both directions so that a hi-hat beat comes too much before and a snare beat too much after. And be able to do accents on 8th 16th, maybe sometimes offbeat accents.

Ha Ha Ha there is a lot I would like to be able to do in Logic, Greek philosopher that I am, to be able to improve a drum track.Lol.
There must be some good math to be able to develop something like this!!! Or not, ha ha ha
Anyone knows where or if it's possible to open Logics groove templates? to maybe edit them and create your own 1/16 Swing A Push/Pull? Or maybe.........no no no got take a break now from my brain to cool down, all this Q, 😉 All the best to all of you, and thx for having me on this great community. 

Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 08.31.28@1x_1.jpg

32 minutes ago, reggaekungen said:

ok, yeah, hm got to learn how it works first. cool!

51 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

You can make your own MIDI Transform preset and then use one of the "Apply Transform User Preset # to selected Events" key commands. 

To advanced for me......at the moment, don't understand what all the parameters do!! I get the Position Para but all the rest is out of my understanding. where can I get more EASY info or tutorial on this?

• 3 weeks later...

I hope I'm not bumping an old thread here, but I'm trying to do the same right now and running into problems!

I created a MIDI transform user preset that is essentially a copy of the built-in Crescendo so that I can assign a key command to it. I want just the "Apply MIDI Transform" command so that it does the thing on my selection without opening any menus. This is working wonderfully for other transforms so far, but I just can't seem to get the crescendo to work. I think it's memorizing the "position inside" selection I made when setting up the preset, so if I tested on a range from 1 1 1 1 to 2 1 1 1, it will make a selection of notes starting from 3 1 1 1 all max velocity.

Is there a way to get the "Selection defines position and/or pitch range" option to automatically re-apply every time the function is fired?

You're right. It seems to be a bug. The selection doesn't update until you open the transform window. Since I usually change the high and low values of the crescendo or relative crescendo, I've always fired this from the transform window, so I never noticed this. It should work correctly with a key command. Bummer!