Not a Logic question persay: Quick Look no longer stops playback?

So i just recently switched from logic 9 to logic x and from snow leopard to high Sierra and i noticed when i preview mixes through finder by pressing the spacebar its different. 
On snow leopard when i was previewing, if i clicked on any place else on the screen it would stop playing the preview and if that folder was still open and i clicked on it, it would start playing where it left off. Sierra isn’t doing this. When i preview it still keeps playing no matter what i click on and it doesn’t play from where it left off. Is this a preference or is this just how it is now?

Any idea on how to make this happen or maybe another idea?
This is important to me cause it would allow me to quickly compare different mixes as u can see in my video here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0k46zcx1uhnw8tz/RPReplay_Final1660251502.mov?dl=0

3 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

As far as I know that's just the way it is now. It allows you to continue previewing files while you're doing something else - whereas with the old behavior the preview would stop as soon as you were doing something else on your Mac. 

I figured. I wish it was just a preference but, i get it.

• Like 1

• David Nahmani changed the title to Not a Logic question persay: Quick Look no longer stops playback?

Based off your Dropbox video I think I know what you’re trying to do, and I do this sometimes also.

I just tested on an old iMac running High Sierra and it seems to work how I expect: I can toggle between two audio files in two separate Finder windows and sorta A/B them:

Is this what you’re trying to do?

Edit: Kinda hard to see but when switching back and forth the audio files continue playback where they stopped when I click the other window.

Edited by RobertAnthony
Added edit comment

21 hours ago, RobertAnthony said:

Based off your Dropbox video I think I know what you’re trying to do, and I do this sometimes also.

I just tested on an old iMac running High Sierra and it seems to work how I expect: I can toggle between two audio files in two separate Finder windows and sorta A/B them:

Is this what you’re trying to do?

Edit: Kinda hard to see but when switching back and forth the audio files continue playback where they stopped when I click the other window.

I see ur clicking on different folders but if, lets say, u were playing a preview and u saw the play button of logic behind the preview, if u clicked on the play button would it stop preview and play logic right away?

thanks for checking :)

Just tried and didn’t work how you described, but afaik it’s never worked like that (at least for me)?

Finder can’t “Preview” an application window so there’s nothing for it to switch playback to. Clicking the desktop (which is a Folder as far as Finder is concerned) or anything else Finder can preview stops playback because it’s now Previewing the file or folder.

Making any application window have focus by clicking on it then pressing Spacebar as if to Preview it just gives me the macOS “Donk” sound, i.e. “Nope, can’t do whatever you’re trying to do.” lol.

Is this behavior different in Snow Leopard? I don’t remember tbh lol.

It basically behaves like David said, I just don’t recall it ever stopping when you’d click on something Finder can’t Preview.

I guess David is correct lol. Forgive me for doubting you! 

Edited by RobertAnthony