Using One Synth as Master Keyboard to play other synths

mikbeats

Hi guys I’m trying to use my Prophet 10 to be the master keyboard to all my other synths listed below. I want to be able to record MIDI note sequences into LPX for each synth through one master keyboard. My issue is whenever I switch MIDI Channels on my P10 to any corresponding synths below,  playback of P10’s midi sequence via LPX stops. I thought by turning Local “off”, it would make P10 keyboard independent from P10 synth engine. I figure my understanding of a synth’s local on/off function is not right or I’m doing something wrong with my MIDI routing in LPX. Any help is much appreciated! 

All synths plugged into MioXL MIDI Interface. LPX 10.7.4

Prophet 10 via USB MIDI

MIDI In Port: ALL

MIDI In Channel: 1

MIDI Out Channel: 1

OB6 via USB MIDI

MIDI In Channel: 2

MIDI Out Channel: 2

Pro 2 via USB MIDI

MIDI In Channel: 3

MIDI Out Channel: 3

Super 6 via USB MIDI

MIDI In Channel: 4

MIDI Out Channel: 4

Sub37 via USB MIDI

MIDI In Channel: 5

MIDI Out Channel: 5

This sounds like you are switching the MIDI channel the Prophet 10 receives on, not (only) the channel it sends on? Once you engage Local Off, you basically split the Prophet into a MIDI keyboard (which sends MIDI on a channel) and a sound generator (which receives MIDI on - maybe another - channel). Although I never played a Prophet 10 and don't know how it's operated, I would assume that you can set the send and receive channels separately?

• Like 1

I don't think I can set the send and receive separately on P10. I can do that on my mioXL but it seems like logic takes all of that out of the window and I have to reconfigure in logic. think I need to set something different in logic. I wish I would not hear the P10 external MIDI track unless record enabled was on. When I record enable and play another synth's external MIDI track, I still hear P10 being triggered for whats meant to be only for that other synth. I can stop that by turning P10 local off but then I lose sound of P10 midi sequence being sent to P10 from logic.