Help me identify if this sample is in major or minor key!

I'd say that it consists of a chord progression mostly in a minor key which uses a lot of 7ths, 9ths, and 11ths for decoration.  The foundation of the sequence is the non-percussion four note sequence around which the marimbas then play, and there are also a lot of four- and five-note chords in that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

Minor. I hear G minor, D minor, C minor, D minor as the basis for this chord progression. 

Hey! You have a great ear!!!!  I have a music degree (loooonnng time ago and since went into law) but could never be confident identifying chords sometimes - probably because my major was clarinet /performance 

thanks so much !!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MikeRobinson said:

I'd say that it consists of a chord progression mostly in a minor key which uses a lot of 7ths, 9ths, and 11ths for decoration.  The foundation of the sequence is the non-percussion four note sequence around which the marimbas then play, and there are also a lot of four- and five-note chords in that.

Thanks so much !!!! I looked through marimba loops and couldn’t find that particular sound (I knew I wouldn’t find the actual loop as someone else made it. Do you know which particular sound in Logic Pro? 

You have a great 👂 (ear envy) . Thanks again !