How to add a new channel into a Track Stack?

Jordatory
Go to solution Solved by polanoid,

Yeah it's a feature I wish they would finesse - so if you're currently working inside of a track stack (like you already have a track selected), it would be nice if when adding a new track it would simply add it below but within that same track stack. Or if it at least presented you with the option.

That said as of now it's not possible – when going to the add menu it will always add it outside the track stack.

My workaround has been to simply duplicate an audio or instrument track that's inside the stack I want it to be in (cmd+D) but this way it won't copy the regions. It will however copy the plugins so if you want a blank slate you'll have to go manually remove them.

3 minutes ago, wing said:

Yeah it's a feature I wish they would finesse - so if you're currently working inside of a track stack (like you already have a track selected), it would be nice if when adding a new track it would simply add it below but within that same track stack. Or if it at least presented you with the option.

That said as of now it's not possible – when going to the add menu it will always add it outside the track stack.

My workaround has been to simply duplicate an audio or instrument track that's inside the stack I want it to be in (cmd+D) but this way it won't copy the regions. It will however copy the plugins so if you want a blank slate you'll have to go manually remove them.

Track -> Other -> New Track with Next Instrument/Channel will work as well and will give you an empty channel strip

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

6 minutes ago, wing said:

Or if it at least presented you with the option.

As you can set the output of the created track in the New Track dialog, it would at least be necessary to have this option inactivated when you choose to create the track inside the Track Stack (otherwise confusing routings would ensue). I guess that's why Apple chose to not create tracks created with the "New" menu options inside track stacks

16 hours ago, wing said:

Yeah, I thought that I had to duplicate it as well. But, as @polanoid mentioned; you can just drag the track into the track stack - the stack has to be open in order for this to work. I kept trying to add the new track onto the closed stack, that was the problem. All good now :)

• 1 year later...
On 9/16/2022 at 9:34 PM, polanoid said:

Track -> Other -> New Track with Next Instrument/Channel will work as well and will give you an empty channel strip

are you kidding me.. LOL 
So simple! 

Cheers.

It's so simple that it makes you feel stupid for not finding it your self xD

• 3 weeks later...