Surround Pan & I/O plugin NOISY and DANGEROUS bug ?

pieca
Go to solution Solved by pieca,

I'm currently working in 5.1 surround (logic X.7.4/Monterey/MacPro 2013)

I have this issue as soon as  I/O plug-in (stereo version) is used, then  if I use the Surround panner, all my 5.1 outputs are going FULL SCALE (I then bless my hardware mute button !!!!!)

The only way to stop this is to quit Logic.

This bug essentially happen when the surround angle is going from +179 to -180 while moving the angle point with your mouse with an I/O plug in your session

I love to use my hardware, and this bug gives me nuts !

Linked picture is level of all my 5.1 outputs when this bug starts viewed from RME total mix
The weird thing is that LFE is also full scale, but the surround panner used to produce the bug wasn't set up to send anything to LFE...

Am I the only one ?

Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

Thanks for your reports or help!

Cheers

Untitled.pdf

Logic Pro is known to be buggy when you use the same channel assignment for the Stereo outputs and L/R surround outputs. You could try to set the Stereo outputs to different outputs then the Left and Right of the surround outputs in the Preferences -> Audio -> I/O assignments. Then in Total Mix you can route the assigned stereo outputs back to your hardware L/R speaker outputs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Sorry for the delay I was really busy upgrading and calibrating my studio from 5.1 to 7.1.4 atmos !

it seems that your trick does it ! I’ve used an other output for stereo and also remove all the input setting. 
no more dangerous noise …for now😇

cheers