Flex Audio problem: regions fall out of time when split or resized

district78

Since updating my machine from Catalina and 10.6.3 to Monterey and 10.7.4 I'm finding Flex audio to be super buggy. Splitting a region that is in flex and follow with scissors causes the first half of the region to fall out of time and resizing a region causes all kinds of craziness. Is anyone else experiencing this? Any solid workarounds? Here's an example of what I'm seeing:

1. Drag an audio file of your favorite song in to logic. 

2. Double click the region

3. Click Smart Tempo and Analyze

4. Edit->Apply project tempo to region and downbeat

5. Split the region on various bars and the regions change size and the audio goes out of time.

12 hours ago, district78 said:

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Just tried (10.7.4 on Monterey 12.5, M1 MacBook Pro), not seeing this here. What file type is your audio file, how exactly do you split the regions, what sample rate is your song/your audio file, what flex mode are you using?

EDIT I just saw you wrote you're splitting with scissors.

EDIT #2: Actually, when I'm doing this in playback, the audio does go out of time shortly but eventually gets back on track. Is that what you meant?

EDIT #3: What I wrote in EDIT #2 happens in 10.6.3 just the same, however

Edited by polanoid

I can't upload a video because the file is too big but I can reproduce pretty much 100%. I'm starting with an m4a file and dragging in to the project. Then analyzing in smart tempo editor. I can recreate this issue with the scissors or just adjusting the boundaries of the audio. Here's what it looks like before and after a slice.

Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 3.03.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 3.03.56 PM.png

• 1 month later...

I have been dealing with this issue as well for several versions. 

I was really hoping this would be addressed in 10.7.5 since i seem to recall references to it in the release notes.  But sadly, it's still just as bad.  Just simply recording a part, quantizing it (with flex) and then splitting it up to make other edits causes regions to shift, ends of regions to get larger or smaller, and various other chaos that makes editing in this way a real creativity killer, constantly having to clean things up instead of focusing on the music.