Drummer Kits & Pieces

Danos
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Hi,

I watched and read about different functions in "Drummer" and have been using them for a good while.

I wanted to make sure of:

In a "Rock" Drum kit let's say (as in, in an acoustic Drum Kit)

1.  if you select "SoCal" or "Smash" as your Kit, is the DEFAULT SOUND (the sound of the Kit that you hear right from the start, without any editing or tweaking to the kit or its sounds), the "Patch" I believe it's called, the SAME as the DEFAULT SOUND of the Producer Kit (with the same name)?

As in, is the default sound ("Patch") that we hear for "Smash" and "Producer Kit: Smash" the same?  And for all of those Acoustic Drum kits (and their Producer Kit 'companions')?

2.  In a Kit, I know that you can easily change the snare or kick sound to maybe another 2 or 3 or so options that are provided to swap with in the kit (and of course you can tweak their parameters), and you can also swap toms, crashes and more using Producer Kits (as well as getting another 1 or 2 Snares and Kicks to swap with here).  Specifically in the smaller window pane that opens up displaying the actual Drum kit.  What I wanted to know is, within either ("Brooklyn" or "Producer Kit: Brooklyn"), can you swap a KICK or a SNARE with more than just those 3 options provided for that particular kit?

As in, if I'm auditioning (listening to) how the Song sounds currently with "Detroit Garage" and it's cool, and then I change the kit for that Midi track (previously converted to Midi from the Drummer track) to "Brooklyn" and I also like it, but maybe I want a combo of both to some degree, can I easily do that by just somehow applying the "Kick" from "Brooklyn" to my current "Detroit Garage" kit?

Or does that entail only working if you somehow maybe split up the Midi Drum track to multiple tracks, so that the "Kick" is isolated on one (assigned to "Brooklyn", and other drum sounds are still assigned to "Detroit Garage" on another midi track?

I was hoping there is an EASY (Quick) way to combine to the Drum sounds from different kits (to customize what I like for that particular Song)!

(and not simply having to swap the Kick or Snare sounds with the 2 or 3 they provide in the exchange pane that opens to further customize your kit, or maybe 2 more sounds by using the Producer kit, but seemingly ONLY within that kit).

Thanks!

Edited by Danos

1 - Regular kit and ‘producer’ kits sound the same to me, but the latter has way more mixing options. 

2 - You supposed to have around 15 kicks and 15 snares etc to swap if you open a ‘producer kit’, so all the different kit parts are available to swap. 

• Like 1

• Solution
12 hours ago, Danos said:

maybe 2 more sounds by using the Producer kit

There are much more than only 2 more. 

In a producer kit, you can scroll the panes where you select drum kit pieces and access all of the kit pieces available to all patches so that you can truly customize your drums however you want:

drummer.gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

There are much more than only 2 more. 

In a producer kit, you can scroll the panes where you select drum kit pieces and access all of the kit pieces available to all patches so that you can truly customize your drums however you want:

drummer.gif

Thank you (obviously I hadn't realized that).  So glad it gives you access to ALL of Logic's Drum kit pieces!

And being the case, and having read that "Once you have configured your new drum kit, click the Save button at the bottom right of the Patch Library", I just want to make sure, when you do click "Save", will it give to the option to "Save it as" (and name it something new and unique to you), or will it just "Save" (and alter one of the Producer kits and its original preset)?

Thank you

Edited by Danos
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Danos said:

Thank you (obviously I hadn't realized that).  So glad it gives you access to ALL of Logic's Drum kit pieces!

And being the case, and having read that "Once you have configured your new drum kit, click the Save button at the bottom right of the Patch Library", I just want to make sure, when you do click "Save", will it give to the option to "Save it as" (and name it something new and unique to you), or will it just "Save" (and alter one of the Producer kits and its original preset)?

Thank you

Yes it will allow you to save with a new name. It doesn't alter the Producer Kit. It saves all the track settings as well - plug ins, levels etc. 

• Like 1