convert 48K file to 44k crashing logic

fisherking
Go to solution Solved by polanoid,

am on the ventura beta!! 😳 (just a heads-up) ☺️

if i bring a 48/24 file into the bin, i have the option to convert it to my template's settings (44/24, which i use all the time). when i click on 'convert file'... logic crashes. logic also crashes if i try to convert the project to 48K as well. interestingly, there's no crashlog window popping up, just... nada.

anyone else having this problem (on previous OSes as well)? 

(fwiw, i can convert the files in XLD in advance, and just import 44/24 files)

i reported in in the feedback assistant yesterday, when it happened. will reboot today, try again.

not urgent for me, but worth reporting (of course). generally, if someone sends me files in a different format (i've had vocalists send files as mp3s!) i convert everything in XLD, then bring into logic.

thanks for the responses!

• Like 2

Sample rate conversion (SRC) is still part of Core Audio I believe.  It was broken a long time ago, but I think it has been free of measurable artifacts for quite some time.  There are different SRC algorithms and some people claim they hear differences among them.   Differences can arise when you convert between non-integer multiples of a sample rate, e.g. 44.1k to 96k or vice-versa.  Many people still use stand-along apps like Ozone or WaveLab to do SRC instead of letting their DAW program do it upon import.  They have DAW templates for different sample rates so the DAW never does SRC automatically.

• Like 1