Time Align Imported Tracks

CShorte
Go to solution Solved by CShorte,

After. I bounce my MIDI tracks to audio, I would like to create a ‘mix’ project with the audio aligned as bounce. Whenever I import the bounced file, it aligns to the current pay head location. Is there a way to import the bounced file to it’s proper location on the time line? Thanks.

As already pointed out by fuzzfilth, bounce in place...... problem solved. Or if you are insistent due to your personal preference to export and then import it back into your project; just position the playhead where the imported file should begin though that seems to be creating more work for yourself IMHO. But the default behavior is that the imported file will be placed wherever the playhead is positioned.

• Like 1

• Solution

Yes, I do the bounce inlace and the tracks bounce to the expected location.  Getting rid of all the other unused tracks so that I could mix based on the bounced audio tracks visible was the reason I made stems. but, it is not necessary as I do not have to send stems to anyone.We can consider the as a solved problem and I will continue to look into how to hide all unused tracks. I recently saw a video on the subject and I will check the short-cut in the video.

Thank you very much, CS.

20 minutes ago, CShorte said:

I will continue to look into how to hide all unused tracks. I recently saw a video on the subject and I will check the short-cut in the video.

Thank you very much, CS.

I haven't tried it so take this as a subtle suggestion. But perhaps you could just assign all those tracks you want to get out of your working view to a Track folder which I know is possible. Then I "believe" you should be able to simply hide the track folder with all the tracks it contains in one shot by using the Hide Selected Tracks key command Control-H. Give it a shot. If it doesn't work, you still have your video to reference. 😉

Edited by Maestro777

5 hours ago, Maestro777 said:

I haven't tried it so take this as a subtle suggestion. But perhaps you could just assign all those tracks you want to get out of your working view to a Track folder which I know is possible. Then I "believe" you should be able to simply hide the track folder with all the tracks it contains in one shot by using the Hide Selected Tracks key command Control-H. Give it a shot. If it doesn't work, you still have your video to reference. 😉

The command that you are looking for is 'Hide/Show All Empty Tracks'. It does not have a short-cut but, it does what you need after you add your own short-cut command.

• Like 1