Audio imported does not match the BPM

Zeh
Go to solution Solved by Maestro777,

Hi guys,

I`m working with the vocalist of my project by distance (in different cities). So we are exchanging DRAFT ideas using BandLab (online free DAW).

I went to Bandlab and export his voice in audio but when I imported it into LOGIC it opened totally out of tempo. If I align the beginning of first sentence, the second will still be out of tempo as the following. I had to adjust one by one. So I conclude that even though both projects are in 102 bpm, Bandlab export the audio slower than that.

I realised that Bandlab is 16 bit audio.

Could audio rate be the reason to that? In case yes, does anyone know how could I open 16 bit audio in Logic keeping it in tempo?

Maybe it's important to consider that Logic will be my final project, so it would be better if I don´t need to configure all project to 16 bits.

Thanks for help. :)

• Solution

If you click right below the tempo display on the transport bar you should get a menu of smart tempo options. Choices are Keep, Adapt and Auto.

1959230011_ScreenShot2022-10-07at12_32_37PM.png.8aa2abc6c4c4e37b49818baa5a68693d.png

You can read more on what those mean here as a starting point.

But to be brief, if it isn’t already set…. Change it to “Adapt” next time before importing the audio and see if that doesn’t do it for you.

Audio bit depth has more to do with the precision of clarity in the audio file. It shouldn't affect the tempo.

Edited by Maestro777

1 hour ago, Maestro777 said:

If you click right below the tempo display on the transport bar you should get a menu of smart tempo options. Choices are Keep, Adapt and Auto.

1959230011_ScreenShot2022-10-07at12_32_37PM.png.8aa2abc6c4c4e37b49818baa5a68693d.png

You can read more on what those mean here as a starting point.

But to be brief, if it isn’t already set…. Change it to “Adapt” next time before importing the audio and see if that doesn’t do it for you.

Audio bit depth has more to do with the precision of clarity in the audio file. It shouldn't affect the tempo.

Maestro,

Really thanks for your time. Your advice is useful but the problem was a silly issue. It was a bit odd. My bandmate was online too and he changed the tempo without telling me almost at the same time I was downloading...

So I spent a lot of time researching and looking for solutions... and just after I called him to say that we couldn't use bandlab anymore, he mentioned that he changed the bpm... when I came back to bandlab I confirmed that tempo was changed 😕

REALLY SORRY for make you guys lost time on that. 
I tried to delete my topic but could not found a way. I report the topic to be excluded but it wasn't yet. 

Thanks!

• Like 1